Grief & Healing
Ways to Give
Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
Burial Plot Allowance:
Payment up to $700 toward veteran's burial and funeral expenses (if hospitalized by VA at the time of death) or $300 toward such expenses (if not hospitalized) and $700 plot allowance if not buried in a national cemetery.
- Veteran discharged for a disability incurred or aggravated in service; or
- Veteran receiving at time of death VA pension or compensation, (or would have been receiving if not for military retired pay instead of VA pay); or
-Veteran died while hospitalized or domiciled on a VA facility or other facility at VA expense.
Service Connected Death:
Payment not exceeding $2,000, which is in lieu of the burial and plot allowance.
Veteran's death is service related.
Pay costs of transporting boy to cemetery.
- Veteran is service-connected disabled and is being buried in a national cemetery; or
- Veteran died while hospitalized or domiciled at VA expense.
Headstone or Marker:
- Headstone or grave marker is provided without charge and is shipped at government expense to a cemetery.
- Cost of placing marker must be paid by the applicant.
- Veteran with wartime or peacetime service buried in a private cemetery and reservists and National Guard members with 20 years of service.
- Headstone is automatically provided for grave site in national cemetery.
Note: There is a two-year time limit from date of veteran's burial or cremation to file for the nonservice-connected burial and plot allowance. There is no time limit to file, however, for the service-connected burial benefits and for transportation costs. Complete VA Form 21-530.